INFORMATION FOR RUNNERS
NOTE: Our marathon, half-marathon, 10 km, 5 km are certified by Athletics Canada, and our marathon is certified for the Boston Marathon.
Runners have the option to run 1, 3, 5, 10, 21.1 and 42.2 km. Also relay marathon.
All departures will be behind the Town Hall in Carleton-sur-mer at the Germain Deslauriers Park.
June 7, 2020
8:00 Marathon Sports Experts et Relay Marathon Cieu fm
8:30 1 km PJC Jean Coutu
8:45 3 km PJC Jean Coutu
9:10 Demi-marathon Marché Viens Métro
9:20 5 km Familiprix Carleton-sur-Mer
9:35 10 km Desjardins secteur Chaleurs
9:45 remise des prix 1 km et 3 km
11:00 remise des prix 5 km et 10 km
12:00 remise des prix Demi-marathon, Marathon et Marathon à relais
Arrive at least 30 minutes in advance, 45 minutes for the 1 km race.
* Schedule subject to change without notice.
** It is possible to walk different paths.
Picking your number in advance:
The numbers will be available at Sports Experts Carleton-sur-Mer (720 boul. Perron) Friday, June 5 , 17 pm to 21 pm and Saturday, June 6 from 9:00 am to 17 pm
Pick up your bib on the morning of June 7:
Numbers will be available at your starting point. For those who choose to do it this way, the distribution will be between 7 am and 9 am.
Services and supplies
The Baie-des-Chaleurs Marathon offers runners:
- Timing chip attached to the back of the bib
- Marathon, half marathon, 10 km and 5 km certified by Athletics Canada
- Kilometre posts
- 14 supply points – See points and services
- WC on the course
- Medical services
- Medal and a snack after the race for all participants
- Showers available at the Carleton-sur-mer College Sports Center (10h-14h)
- Snack after the race for all participants
- Catering on site
- Chiropractic care and massage therapy (priority for runners 21 and 42 km)
- Secure place where your personal effects (yellow bus)
Access to the site and parking spaces
All departures will take place at Germain-Deslauriers Park behind the Town Hall in Carleton-sur-mer, on the Promenade des Acadiens.
If you go by car to your starting point, here are some places where you can park:
- Parking lot of the municipal beach, near the Jean Coutu
- Parking lot behind le Centre des Congrès de la Gaspésie
- Baie Bleue Hotel parking for Town of Carleton-sur-mer (pedestrian access to Germain-Deslauriers Park)
- Parking Caisse Populaire Desjardins (pedestrian access via stairs to Germain-Deslauriers Park)
- Parking on Route 132, from the Jean Coutu westward side of the mountain
Allow enough time to go by foot from your parking area to your point of departure.
The BDC Marathon is looking for Pace Bunnies to pace the various courses for the races. Each volunteer Rabbit will receive their registration free in addition to a 2020 edition sweater.
But what is a Pace Bunny?
Wearing costume bunny ears, the person travels the path for a specific time. The goal is to help participants reach their goal for that particular race. At every mile, there is a reference point that helps the Rabbit keep a good pace. A time chart for each distance is also used as a reference. The person must be an experienced runner and be able to estimate their speed.
For the lover of running, the experience as a Pace Bunny is rich. It is a form of volunteering and an opportunity to share his or her passion for racing. Before departure, recruits usually go to meet the runners with the pink ears to be comforted and reassured. Following a Pace Bunny in a pack is a source of motivation and encouragement to never give up and to stay focused. Several runners will thank them once they arrive at their destination, satisfaction guaranteed!
Here are the times for which the MBDC (BDC Marathon) would like to have Pace Bunnies. First come, first served!
If you are interested in becoming a Pace Bunny for the next BDC Marathon June 7 2020 or for more information, contact Julie Coulombe : firstname.lastname@example.org