INFORMATION FOR RUNNERS
NOTE: Our marathon are certified by Athletics Canada, and is certified for the Boston Marathon.
Runners have the option to run 1, 3, 5, 10, 21.1 and 42.2 km. Also relay marathon. Kids can run the 1 km and 3 km races.
All departures will be behind the Town Hall in Carleton-sur-Mer at the Germain-Deslauriers Park.
SATURDAY, June 4 2022
10 : 00 | 1 km Youth Fondation Santé Baie-des-Chaleurs
10 : 30 | 3 km Youth Fondation Santé Baie-des-Chaleurs
Arrive 45 minutes early.
9 : 00 à 16 : 00 | Family activites organized by Bouge pour que ça Bouge
SUNDAY, June 5 2022
8 : 00 | Marathon Sports Experts Carleton-sur-Mer et relay marathon CIEU-FM
8 : 30 | Half-marathon Marché Carleton-sur-Mer Métro
8 : 45 | 10 km Caisse Desjardins de la Baie-des-Chaleurs
9 : 00 | 5 km Jean Coutu Carleton-sur-Mer
9 : 15 | 3 km Familiprix Extra Carleton-sur-Mer
11 : 00 | Awards 5 km and 10 km
12 : 00 Awards Half-marathon, marathon and relay marathon
Arrive minimum 30 minutes early.
* Schedule subject to change without notice.
** It is possible to walk different paths.
Picking your number in advance:
The numbers will be available at Germain-Deslauriers Park, on the event site:
June 4 between 9 : 00 and 16 : 00
June 5 from 7 : 00 AM
Services and supplies
The Baie-des-Chaleurs Marathon offers runners:
- Timing chip attached to the back of the bib
- Marathon certified by Athletics Canada
- Kilometre posts
- 8 supply points – See points and services
- WC on the course
- Medical services
- Medal and a snack after the race for all participants
- Showers available at the Carleton-sur-mer College Sports Center (9h-15h)
- Physiotherapt services (priority for runners 21 and 42 km)
- Secure place where your personal effects (yellow bus)
- Photo booth for your memories !
Access to the site and parking spaces
All departures will take place at Germain-Deslauriers Park behind the Town Hall in Carleton-sur-mer, on the Promenade des Acadiens.
If you go by car to your starting point, here are some places where you can park:
- Parking lot of the municipal beach, near the Jean Coutu
- Parking lot near to the marina
- Parking lot behind le Centre des Congrès de la Gaspésie
- Baie Bleue Hotel parking for Town of Carleton-sur-mer (pedestrian access to Germain-Deslauriers Park)
- Parking Caisse Populaire Desjardins (pedestrian access via stairs to Germain-Deslauriers Park)
Allow enough time to go by foot from your parking area to your point of departure.
The BDC Marathon is looking for Pace Bunnies to pace the various courses for the races. Each volunteer Rabbit will receive their registration free in addition to a 2022 edition gift.
But what is a Pace Bunny?
Wearing costume bunny ears, the person travels the path for a specific time. The goal is to help participants reach their goal for that particular race. At every mile, there is a reference point that helps the Rabbit keep a good pace. A time chart for each distance is also used as a reference. The person must be an experienced runner and be able to estimate their speed.
For the lover of running, the experience as a Pace Bunny is rich. It is a form of volunteering and an opportunity to share his or her passion for racing. Before departure, recruits usually go to meet the runners with the pink ears to be comforted and reassured. Following a Pace Bunny in a pack is a source of motivation and encouragement to never give up and to stay focused. Several runners will thank them once they arrive at their destination, satisfaction guaranteed!
Here are the times for which the MBDC (BDC Marathon) would like to have Pace Bunnies. First come, first served!
If you are interested in becoming a Pace Bunny for the next BDC Marathon June 5 2022 or for more information, contact Julie Coulombe : firstname.lastname@example.org